Email was invented 45 years ago and it’s more important than ever for the Digital Marketer. With nearly three times as many user accounts as Twitter and Facebook combined, email is also 40 times more successful at acquiring new clients than either of the two mentioned above.
If 2016 was not a good year for your advertising campaigns, below are 5 tips that will help you win the email marketing game in 2017.
1. Re-engage with your customers. More than 50% of marketers say that personalized communication with existing customers has a moderate to significant revenue impact. Reach-out to your existing customers with relevant emails based on their purchase history and behavior.
2. Device-friendly emails. An important percent of emails are opened on a mobile device: 47% to be precise. That’s huge! The remaining 53% open the emails on desktops, tablets and other devices. The best approach is to make sure that your email design is responsive - optimized to be viewed on desktop, tablet, smartphone and even smartwatch!
3. Clean your email list. By cleaning up your email list you can see the percentage of deliverable, engaged and undeliverable email addresses. You can import your email list directly from the ESP or upload your list in a CSV format. Our comprehensive email verifier process goes beyond basic SMTP and verification checks, also referencing historical bounce, click, open, and opt-out data. See how email validation works here. By cleaning your email list, you know the exact percentage of real active users and you can segment your email list more easily.
4. Reduce cart abandonment. If the customer left right at the checkout this doesn’t mean that they can’t be convinced to buy the products they already like. You should trigger the first email in the first two hours of abandonment, the second between 12-48 hours, and the last email between 48-72 hours. The abandoned card should be showed in the email and you can add product recommendations to increase the click rate and conversion.
5. Create an acquisition strategy. Analyze other channels where your customers are already engaging with your brand and try to create a long term relationship on email with cross channel campaigns.